“Revenues from RayStation® increased with 29 percent to SEK 80.8 M (62.8) and prospects are favorable for increased growth for the rest of the year. The development of RayCare® is progressing according to plan and we are planning a public demonstration of the system at the 2016 ASTRO Annual Meeting in Boston at the end of September,” says Johan Löf, President and CEO of RaySearch.
THREE MONTHS (JANUARY-MARCH 2016)
- Net sales SEK 95.4 M (87.7), of which RayStation SEK 80.8 M (62.7)
- Profit after tax SEK 17.8 M (25.0), and earnings per share SEK 0.52 (0.73)
- Operating profit SEK 23.4 M (33.1)
- Cash flow negative SEK 5.2 M (pos: 7.8)
- Order intake excluding service agreements SEK 81.9 M (86.3), of which RayStation SEK 72.6 M (69.1)
- Order backlog for RayStation was SEK 47.1 M (34.3) at the end of the period
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FIRST QUARTER
- RaySearch released RayStation 5 with support for carbon ion treatment planning, as well as tools and features that represent a totally new approach to treatment planning.
- RaySearch signed a long-term collaboration agreement with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) regarding RayCare.
- On January 4, 2016, the Class B RaySearch share (RAY B) was transferred from the Small to the Mid Cap segment of Nasdaq Stockholm.
- In March 2016, 750 Class A shares were converted to Class B shares at the request of a shareholder.
NO SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch markets the RayStation treatment planning system to clinics all over the world. In addition, RaySearch’s products are distributed through licensing agreements with leading medical technology companies. RaySearch’s software is used by over 2,600 clinics in more than 65 countries. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, and the company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President and CEO
Tel: +46 8 510 530 00