FIRST QUARTER (JANUARY – MARCH 2022)
• Order intake SEK 272.5 M (145.1)
• Net sales SEK 208.1 M (162.1)
• Operating profit SEK 29.6 M (12.3)
• Profit after tax SEK 19.3 M (7.1)
• Earnings per share before/after dilution SEK 0.56 (0.21)
• Cash flow SEK 35.3 M (32.8)
• Order backlog SEK 1,488.7 M (1,207.1) at the end of the period
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FIRST QUARTER
• In January, RaySearch signed an agreement with Proton International Arkansas to provide RayStation at the UAMS Radiation Oncology Center.
• In February, the Charles-Le Moyne hospital in Canada placed an order for RayStation, which will become the hospital’s primary treatment planning system.
THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The negative effect of the pandemic on RaySearch’s sales appears to be weakening as the pandemic subsides. In Asia, market conditions normalized and conditions improved in Europe and the US during the quarter. However, it remains difficult to say how the pandemic will affect the coming quarters with any great certainty.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
• In April, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital placed an order for RayStation, thereby becoming RaySearch’s first customer in Hong Kong within the proton therapy segment.
• In April, Seoul National University Hospital placed an order for RayStation.
• In April, Mevion China placed an order for RayStation, which it sold together with Mevion’s proton therapy system to Tongji Hospital in Wuhan in China.
• In May, RaySearch entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare to develop a new radiation therapy simulation and treatment planning workflow solution.
• In May, RayCare was taken into clinical use with Accuray’s CyberKnife treatment delivery system at Swiss Medical Network in Switzerland.
• CFO Torbjörn Wingårdh left RaySearch.
The information contained in this interim report is such that RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication on May 18, 2022 at 7:45 a.m. CEST.
CEO Johan Löf and Interim CFO Björn Hårdemark will present RaySearch’s interim report for January-March 2022 at a webcast to be held in English on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 10:00-10:30 a.m. CEST.
Link to webcast:
RaySearch presentation interim report Q1, 2022
You can also join the webcast by phone:
Sweden +46 8 505 583 51
UK: +44 333 300 92 67
US: +1 646 722 49 56