Interim report January – March 2019
RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ)
“The year started on a strong note for RaySearch: in the first quarter, order intake rose 57 percent and net sales rose 49 percent”
Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch. CEO comments on page 2.
THE QUARTER IN BRIEF
In the first quarter of 2019, order intake rose 57 percent to SEK 202 M (128). Net sales rose 49 percent to SEK 173 M (116) and the operating margin increased to 13 percent (12).
FIRST QUARTER (JANUARY-MARCH 2019)
- Net sales SEK 173.1 M (116.3), of which revenue from RayStation®/RayCare® SEK 163.1 M (104.2)
- Profit after tax SEK 17.2 M (11.8), and earnings per share before/after dilution SEK 0.50 (0.34)
- Operating profit SEK 23.2 M (14.1)
- Cash flow SEK -1.8 M (12.3)
- Net sales SEK 201.6 M (128.4), of which RayStation/RayCare/RayCommand® SEK 194.1 M (118.3)
- Order backlog SEK 876.9 M (642.5) at the end of the period, of which RayStation/RayCare/RayCommand SEK 828.8 M (586.9)
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FIRST QUARTER
- RayStation was selected by several leading cancer centers, including Oklahoma Proton Center and Hoag Memorial Hospital in the US, Velindre Cancer Center and Cambridge University Hospitals in the UK and Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf in Germany. In addition, Provision Cancer Center in the US has expanded its existing RayStation installation.
NO SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
The information contained in this interim report is such that RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication on May 9, 2019 at 7:45 a.m. CET.
CEO Johan Löf and CFO Peter Thysell will present RaySearch’s interim report for January-March 2019 at a teleconference on Thursday May 9, 2019 at 10:00-10:30 p.m. CET.
To participate in the teleconference, please call +46 8 22 90 90 (Sweden), +44 330 336 6027 (UK) or +1 719 325 2054 (US). The access code is 188791. Please call a few minutes before the teleconference begins. The presentation will be held in English.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is a medical technology company that develops innovative software solutions for improved cancer treatment. The company develops and markets the RayStation treatment planning system and RayCare oncology information system to cancer centers all over the world and distributes the products through licensing agreements with leading medical technology companies. RaySearch’s software is currently used by over 2,600 centers in more than 65 countries. The company was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm and the share has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2003. More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com