JANUARY 1 – JUNE 30, 2013
- Net sales for the period amounted to SEK 75.4 M (65.0)
- A loss after tax of SEK 10.8 M (loss: 4.0) was reported and the loss per share was SEK 0.32 (loss: 0.04)
- The operating loss was SEK 11.1 M (loss: 3.2)
- Cash flow amounted to a negative SEK 19.3 M (pos: 21.1)
- First orders received for RayStation® from Spain and France
- RaySearch licensed technology from GSI
- Leading treatment center in Maryland selected RayStation®
- Collaboration agreement signed with IBA
AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Partnership agreement with Brainlab announced
- RayStation® 4.0 released
- RayStation® received Chinese regulatory approval
- The first patient in Oceania treated with RayStation®
- US proton center selected RayStation®
- First RayStation® order in China
“During the first six months of the year the revenues increased by 16 percent to SEK 75 M despite a weak second quarter. RaySearch experiences large fluctuations between the various quarters due to a combination of fluctuations in partner sales and in deliveries of RayStation®. The second quarter is also traditionally a slow quarter for the whole radiation therapy industry”, says Johan Löf, President of RaySearch.
“Several strategic milestones have been reached in 2013 and RayStation® is evolving at a fast pace. Interest in the system is rising continuously but it is difficult to predict how rapidly the interest will translate into orders and deliveries. With new partners and a growing sales organization in existing and new markets, we are looking forward to the rest of 2013 with confidence”, concludes Johan Löf.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are sold primarily via license agreements with such leading partners as Philips, Nucletron, IBA, Varian, Accuray and Brainlab. To date, 15 products have been launched via partners and Research’s software is used by more than 2,000 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30