JANUARY 1 – JUNE 30, 2012
- Net sales for the period amounted to SEK 65.0 M (47.6)
- Loss after tax of SEK 4.0 M (profit: 1.3) was reported and loss per share was SEK 0.12 (earnings: 0.04)
- Operating loss was SEK 3.2 M (profit: 2.0)
- Cash flow amounted to SEK 21.1 M (deficit: 27.0)
- The first complete version of RayStation® was released in January
- A total of eleven orders were received for RayStation® from Italy, Canada, South Korea, Switzerland, Germany and the US
- Distribution agreement was signed for the Spanish market
”We are now in the middle of a phase of rapid expansion of our infrastructure for global sales and support of RayStation®. So even though the revenues increased significantly, these extensive investments contributed to a loss for the period”, says Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
” We have already secured several key orders for RayStation® and market interest in the system keeps increasing. It is difficult to predict how rapidly this interest will be converted into orders and deliveries, but considering the number of exciting discussions in progress with clinics, my view of the remainder of the year is very positive”, concludes Johan Löf.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are mainly sold through license agreements with leading partners such as Philips, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry, Varian, Accuray and Siemens. To date, 15 products have been launched through partners and RaySearch’s software is used at over 2,000 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
For further information, please contact:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30