JANUARY 1 – DECEMBER 31, 2010
- Net sales for the year amounted to SEK 117.7 M (83.7)
- Operating profit totaled SEK 39.9 M (40.9)
- Profit after tax totaled SEK 28.9 M (30.1) and earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.84 (0.88)
- Cash flow amounted to negative SEK 5.0 M (positive 9.4)
- RaySearch received FDA clearance for RayStation® in the US in March
- The collaboration agreement with Varian was expanded in April
- Breakthrough RayStation® order from Massachusetts General Hospital was received in October
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 0.50 (0.50) per share
EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- RaySearch established a sales organization in the US in January
- Two new RayStation® orders were announced in February
“The past year was highly successful in financial terms and in addition, we underwent substantial strategic changes that are crucial to our future development. The launch of our proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® went well and the breakthrough order from Massachusetts General Hospital was a very important milestone for RaySearch”, says Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
“We will continue building up our international sales and marketing organization and work closely together with new and existing customers to further refine RayStation®. We have already noted growing interest in RayStation® following the breakthrough in the US and I am convinced that the customer list will continue to grow in 2011”, concludes Johan Löf.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are mainly sold through license agreements with leading partners such as Philips, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry, Varian, TomoTherapy and Siemens. To date, 15 products have been launched through partners and RaySearch’s software is used at some 1,800 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
For more information about RaySearch, visit www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President and CEO
Telephone: +46 (0)8-545 061 30