JANUARY 1 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2011
- Net sales for the period totaled SEK 80.3 M (83.0)
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 10.2 M (17.5) and earnings per share totaled SEK 0.30 M (0.51)
- Operating profit totaled SEK 13.0 M (24.5)
- Cash flow was a negative SEK 30.8 M (neg: 2.8)
- A total of seven orders for RayStation® were received from Switzerland, Canada, the Netherlands and the US
- A sales organization was established in the US in January
- RaySearch licensed pioneering technology from Princess Margaret Hospital in March
- RaySearch became involved in a US patent dispute in May
- Distribution agreements were signed for the Italian market in September
- The first patient was treated with RayStation® in September
AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Two US hospitals placed orders for RayStation® in October
- RaySearch entered South Korean distribution agreement in November
“Financially, we had a strong third quarter so we recovered after a weak first half of the year. The end of the year promises to be highly interesting,” says Johan Löf, President of RaySearch.
“In 2011, we have focused on our strategic shift from complete dependence on partners to establishing opportunities to sell directly to clinics in parallel with our partner-based business model. Our order book has now started to grow as a result of the considerable interest shown in RayStation®, particularly in the US, and we have high hopes of completing a few more transactions toward the end of 2011,” concludes Johan Löf.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are mainly sold through license agreements with leading partners such as Philips, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry, Varian, Accuray and Siemens. To date, 15 products have been launched through partners and RaySearch’s software is used at some 1,800 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30
For more information about RaySearch, visit www.raysearchlabs.com.