RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) (“RaySearch”) collects data through the CCTV system for various reasons:
- To control access to our facilities and to ensure the security of the building, the safety of RaySearch staff and visitors, as well as property and information located or stored on the premises
- To prevent, deter, and if necessary, investigate unauthorized physical access, including unauthorized access to secure premises and protected rooms, IT infrastructure, or operational information
- To prevent, detect and investigate a theft of equipment or assets owned by RaySearch, visitors or staff, or threats to the safety of personnel working at the office (e.g., fire, physical assault)
The CCTV system is not used for any other purpose, such as to monitor the work of employees or their attendance. It’s important to note that the location and positioning of the video cameras is not intended to cover the surrounding public space. The footage is limited to video without sound recording with the exception of the doorbell camera on the reception floor.
RaySearch uses our video surveillance with the support of necessity and legitimate interest to uphold the security and access control within our premises. Therefore, the processing is lawful under Article 6.1.f of the GDPR.
Responsible for processing your personal data
RaySearch acts as the controller of the personal data. Contact details of the controller:
RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ), reg.no. 556322-6157
Postal address: Box 45169, SE-104 30 Stockholm, SWEDEN
Visiting address: Eugeniavägen 18C, 113 68, Stockholm
Recipients of the personal data
The video images and streaming can be accessed only by the authorized staff of RaySearch and by the contracted security company. The contracted security company will only access the data by order of RaySearch.
RaySearch do not sell or disclose your personal data collected for this purpose to third parties. Only government officials can, when required by law, request and receive access to the data footage.
The footage is only processed for the purpose for which it was collected and stored no longer than 30 days.
Your rights as a data subject
You as a data subject have specific rights over your information. These rights are:
- to be informed of our use of information about you
- of access to information about you
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- to object to how we use information about you
Some of the rights listed above apply only in certain situations, and some have a limited effect.
If you have complaint about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to RaySearch’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you can also refer the matter to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY). They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 46 (0)8 657 61 00
Post: Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten, Box 8114, 104 20 Stockholm
Last Updated: November 28, 2022