MAKE A DIFFERENCE! JOIN US.
Do you want to use your skills within big data and data lake technologies to fight cancer? RaySearch is looking for brilliant engineers to join our dedicated Machine Learning team based at our head office in central Stockholm.
“We want to alleviate the burden on the healthcare system by providing tools to automate parts of the workflow.”
- Hanna, Machine Learning Engineer
About the Position
“I really appreciate working with the latest discoveries within the field of Machine Learning together with a highly competent and empathic team. We enjoy our work immensely and talk about everything from nitty gritty mathematical problems to personal matters.” says Hanna who joined the team as a master thesis student and today work with Generative Models.
As a Data Engineer you will, as well as Hanna, be part of an agile and dedicated team reporting to Head of Machine Learning. Many of your colleagues have Ph.D.’s and great experience from different areas which enriches the collaborations and discussions. Your role is part of an extension of the team with the purpose of increasing the pace of machine learning innovation within our products. The responsibility of the group is to develop advanced solutions using machine learning algorithms to automate and support the process of improving future cancer treatments. You will work closely with research engineers, system developers and product owners as well as leading cancer centers to develop the products and help clinics make better use of their data. Depending on your level of experience, you will support the team or take responsibility for the full cycle of prototype development. You will primarily work with:
- Develop technologies and architecture for RaySearch learning and the analytic framework
- Define use cases and requirements for learning framework
- Prototype development in terms of data lake, data pipelines, data masking, cloud solutions and In-memory techniques for medical data
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for you who have a great passion for machine learning techniques and big data infrastructure with a strong drive to develop and assess innovative solutions. If you have this ambition in combination with relevant experience, you will have great opportunities to contribute to the work within the Machine Learning team and develop your skills through knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience of big data prototype development
- Experience of data lake technologies such as HDFS, Spark and other technologies
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Swedish language skills
- Experience of defining analytics and learning strategies and designing architecture
- Experience of techniques such as data pipeline, data masking and In-memory databases
- Experience of cloud solution deployments
- Medical technology industry experience
You are a responsible and self-motivated person with a positive attitude. You thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment and take pride in delivering high quality results. You have great analytical skills and solution-oriented mindset. You enjoy working in team as well as independently and you contribute to a positive atmosphere when collaborating. You are passionate about the opportunity to developing software for health care professionals and their patients.
You are welcome to send your application in Swedish or English including a resume and personal letter by the application form below. The selection and interviewing process will be ongoing. We do not accept applications by e-mail but if you have any questions regarding the position you can contact us here.
The selection and interviewing process will start in August and thereafter be ongoing.
Join us to revolutionize cancer treatment!