FIGHT CANCER WITH CODE, JOIN US!
Scheduling Optimization Specialist
We are looking for a talented scheduling optimization specialist who wants to participate in “fighting cancer with code”. Joining our team provides a rare opportunity to develop software that improves the lives of cancer patients around the world. The position is based at our head office in central Stockholm and entitles fulltime, permanent work in a fast growing, international company.
You will be part of an agile development team with the mission to provide functionality for solving scheduling problems arising in the oncology information process. Your role will be that of a technical expert, guiding the team in choices regarding algorithms, methodologies and external software. In addition, you will take part in developing, implementing and testing the algorithms.
In addition to your passion for optimization, you can identify various components of a problem, see connections between them and understand the impact of your proposed solutions. You pay attention to details and make sure that nothing is left to chance when implementing new functionality. Further you are curious, committed and take pride in delivering code with high quality.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of how to solve scheduling optimization problems, both from a theoretical and practical point of view
- 5+ years’ practical experience of optimization for scheduling problems or extensive experience in combinatorial and/or integer optimization
- Familiarity with commercial solvers like, e.g., Gurobi, CPLEX and/or XPRESS
- Strong programming skills in C# or similar
- Experience in the fields of resource-constrained project scheduling problems and flexible job shop problems and extensions thereof
- Experience working with performance aspects related to both formulation of scheduling optimization problems and algorithms for solving those problems
- Experience from the medical technology industry
Working at RaySearch
We are a world leader in the field of advanced software for radiation therapy, proud of the products and solutions we work towards.
Caring for our employees we offer excellent staff benefits, a flexible and stimulating environment with highly skilled colleagues. Our workplace has an open and positive atmosphere, where learning, creativity and collaborations are highly valued.
We believe in equal opportunity, value diversity and work with dedication to prevent discrimination. Read more about RaySearch.
You are welcome to send your application including a resume and cover letter, marked “scheduling optimization specialist” by clicking on the button below or by sending an email to email@example.com.