FIGHT CANCER WITH CODE, JOIN US!
Physics Application Specialist, RaySearch Americas
Would you like to contribute to something truly worthwhile? As our new Physics Application Specialist you will work with RaySearch’s innovative software in a quest to fight cancer.
About the position
RaySearch Americas is currently seeking a Physics Application Specialist for RayStation® to join our dynamic staff. The applicant MUST have photon (superposition convolution) and electron (Monte Carlo) modeling experience, along with excellent communication skills. The position will be based in the United States, where the employee is expected to work from their home office. The position, although based in your home office, will require travel throughout the Americas including our American headquarters based in New York, San Francisco and our RaySearch Laboratories headquarters based in Stockholm Sweden.
The emphasis of the position will be working with current and potential customers, introducing them to RayStation® through hands on training. This work also includes gathering and suggesting improvements for the product as well as solving problems, modeling photon, proton, and electrons for all available treatment machines including Tomotherapy® and Cyberknife® systems. Support is provided remotely and onsite. An important part of this role will be to support new customers during the clinical implementation of RayStation®. This process is the beginning of a long term relationship with our customers and is highly important. Other tasks include but are not limited to handling support cases, collecting feedback from customers, classroom training in NY, onsite training and trade show demonstrations for prospective customers.
A successful candidate must be motivated to work in a dynamic environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, be service minded, positive and social. You must be a self-starter, working proactively and independently.
Education & Experience
In addition to what has been mentioned above, a successful candidate must have the skills and experiences in the following areas:
Must have skills include
- MSc or PhD in physics, engineering or equivalent.
- DABR, ABMP or CCMP certification is required
- Experience in photon & electron modeling.
- Clinical experience in radiation therapy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive MS Office and PC / Mac skills.
- US citizen or legal resident is a must.
Preferred skills include
- Clinical proton experience.
- RayStation® clinical experience.
- IronPython / CPython programming experience.
- DIcom troubleshooting knowledge.
Plus skills include
- Sales and customer support experience, including both written and verbal direct customer communications.
- Global case management systems experience (Salesforce).
- Experience in training and project management.
- Clinical Tomotherapy and Cyberknife experience.
- Excellent language skills in English, Spanish and/or French.
- Residence on the west coast, New York City area or San Francisco Bay area or willing to relocate to NYC or SF is a major plus.
You are welcome to send your application including a resume by click on the button below or by sending an email to email@example.com, mark the application “RSA Physics Application Specialist” in the heading. The selection and interviewing process will be ongoing.
For further information about the position please contact Freddie Cardel, Director of Customer Support.