FIGHT CANCER WITH CODE, JOIN US!
Patient Safety Manager
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to something truly worthwhile? Join us as our new patient safety manager and address the safety aspects of RaySearch’s innovative software, in the work to fight cancer.
RaySearch is developing the next generation oncology information system to support improved cancer care and is looking for a patient safety manager. Joining our team provides you with a unique opportunity to be part of developing a product that improves the lives of cancer patients around the world.
RaySearch is an industry leader in software for radiation therapy with a strong focus on research and development that offers excellent staff benefits in a stimulating environment with highly skilled colleagues. The position is based at our new head office in central Stockholm and entitles fulltime, permanent work.
You will be part of the project management team and work closely with the development teams with the mission to ensure patient safety in our products.
Your assignment is to work with our agile teams to make sure that the design and implementation of the product addresses safety aspects throughout the product life-cycle. Your key focus will be to ensure that safety tasks on the project are completed and that safety is central to all the teams’ activities. You will act as a coach to team members in relation to risk management activities and provide safety training and mentoring.
- Coordination and facilitation of safety risk analysis in the teams
- Drive best practices around risk management activities
- Perform and document hazard analysis in collaboration with development teams
- Provide guidance to the development teams as to the acceptability of residual risks, risk mitigations and suitable verification methods
- Ensure traceability from hazards to requirements and tests, create output documentation for regulatory review
- Report on the overall status of the risk level for the product, providing clear recommendations as to the release status of the product
- Ensure that the project complies with RaySearch risk management processes
Experience and skills
- Master of Science or equivalent degree in a relevant field
- Minimum two years of software development experience with complex products
- Experience from applying hazard identification and risk assessment methods as part of a development process
- Good understanding of concepts and methodologies of safety engineering
- Experience from the medical technology industry or other regulated or safety critical industries
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish
- Extensive experience from a similar position
- Planning safety engineering activities in development projects
- Solid experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- Experienced with product safety standard requirements for medical devices (IEC/ISO)
- Experience of and interest in tool support for traceability and risk management
- Domain specific knowledge
- Leadership or project management experience
You are passionate about ensuring patient safety and have a great interest in developing software for health care professionals and their patients. You enjoy communicating with developers on a code level, facilitating discussions and performing risk analysis in teams.
- As a person you have high integrity and a positive attitude. You are able to use initiative, remain objective, escalate and seek advice as appropriate.
- You have a strong personal drive and the ability to work independently in a highly organized and efficient manner.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are good at distilling what is important and what is not and prioritizing work to reach the defined goals.
- You take pride in executing work in a timely manner with high quality and attention to details.
Working at RaySearch
RaySearch, a world leader in the field of advanced software for radiation therapy, offers a workplace with an open and positive atmosphere, where learning, creativity and collaborations are highly valued. Located in the heart of Stockholm, RaySearch provides you with a unique opportunity to work in a fast growing, international company proud of the products and solutions they work towards. Read more about RaySearch: Read more about RaySearch.
You are welcome to send your application including a resume and personal letter by clicking on the button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the application “Patient Safety Manager”.
The selection and interviewing process will be ongoing and we would like to see the position filled as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Eeva-Liisa Karjalainen, Project Manager.