FIGHT CANCER WITH CODE, JOIN US!
RaySearch is looking for a talented physicist who wants to participate in taking radiation therapy to the next level.
You will be part of an agile team with passionate and talented people with the mission to design and build the best treatment planning system in the world. Joining our team provides a unique opportunity to let your talent affect the lives of cancer patients around the world.
The position is based at our new head office in central Stockholm and entitles fulltime, permanent work. RaySearch offers great personnel benefits and work in a stimulating environment.
The physics group at the development department is responsible for the physics algorithms, at present for photon, electron, proton and carbon treatments. As a physicist you will participate in all steps of the development process including analysis, software design, implementation and testing. The physics algorithms are implemented in C++ and C#. Members of the physics group also interact directly with customers and partners and are sometimes involved in more complex sales processes.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Design, build and implement physics algorithms in the clinical treatment planning system, RayStation.
- Plan and perform testing to ensure safety and validity of the physics models.
- Participate in your scrum team’s work with requirement and risk analysis.
Education and Experience
- Degree from a Masters program such as Engineering physics, with results and selected courses demonstrating a deep physics knowledge.
- 1-3 years of experience, either in academy or industry, with solving physics modeling problems or working with software development is a merit. However, both recently graduated and more experienced are most welcome to apply.
- Understanding of ionizing radiation is an advantage.
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Programming skills. Basic skills and interest to learn is a prerequisite. Strong programming and experience from development is an advantage.
- Object oriented languages in general, and C++ and C# in particular, is an advantage.
You have analytic skill, an ability to not only answer but to ask the right questions and to work in a goal-oriented way. You are creative, able to see what is important in a physics problem and what is not, and to communicate your findings. Your take pride in delivering with quality and take responsibility for your actions and for the team. You find a way to get the right things done efficiently and with a good feeling.
Working at RaySearch
RaySearch, a world leader in the field of advanced software for radiation therapy, offers a workplace with an open and positive atmosphere, where learning, creativity and collaborations are highly valued. Located in the heart of Stockholm, RaySearch provides you with a unique opportunity to work in a fast growing, international company where you can be proud of the products and solutions the company work towards. Read more about RaySearch.
Apply for this vacant position:
You are welcome to send your application including resume, personal letter and transcripts of record from your university education by clicking on the button below. Mark the application “Development Physicist”.
For further information about the position please contact Agnes Angerud, Head of Physics.